Illegible handwritten prescriptions, preventable hospital errors and dangerous drug interactions threaten your health. The fact that 440,000* preventable medical errors occur in our country each year is alarming.
This is why we help you protect your health by promoting the identification of potential safety concerns. We work with providers and others in health care to bring about system-wide change. And, we want to help you be safe as you utilize healthcare services. Because medical errors typically occur at the point of care – doctor’s offices, pharmacies or hospitals – it’s important to be vigilant in these settings. The resources here will support your patient safety efforts.
Read the NPSF® Safety Publications Created for Patients and Families:
- Preventing Infections in the Hospital – What you as a patient can do
- Five Steps to Safer Health Care (AHRQ publication)
- Safety As You Go From Hospital To Home
- Pharmacy Safety and Service – What you should expect
- Role of the Patient Advocate
- Checklist for Getting the Right Diagnosis
- 20 Tips to Help Prevent Medical Errors (AHRQ publication)
External websites links are provided for your information and convenience only and does not imply or mean that Aetna endorses the content of such linked websites or third-party services. Aetna has no control over the content or materials contained therein. Aetna therefore makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, about such linked websites, the third parties they are owned and operated by, and the information and/or the suitability or quality of the products contained on them.