FEHB Enrollment Instructions
If you’re a new federal employee enrolling for the first time, or are ready to switch your health plan, the information below can help. You just need to pick the MHBP plan for you. New hires have 60 days to enroll for health coverage. Don’t miss your chance to make the choice that’s sure to benefit you.
If you’re enrolling during Open Season, you have from November 13 to December 11, 2023, to enroll or change your enrollment. For most people, benefits will begin on the first day of the first full pay period. Verify your effective date with the agency or retirement system that maintains your health benefits enrollment.
How to Enroll in MHBP
Once you have chosen the right MHBP plan for you, just visit your agency’s online enrollment system and use the enrollment code from the chart below. If you’re not sure what system to use, see the information below the chart for helpful links.
|Self Plus One
|Self and Family
For Federal and Postal Employees
Most employees can enroll and make enrollment changes online. The online system you should use depends on the agency you work for. Visit OPM’s Healthcare Enrollment page for instructions and links to each online system.
If your agency doesn’t offer online enrollment, see your employing office. They will give you an Employee Health Benefits Election Form. Fill it out and return it to the designated individual for your agency.
For more information on FEHBP enrollment choose from the following links:
- I am a new federal employee and I want to learn about Federal Benefits Program for new employees >>
- I have had a QLE and need to enroll or change my FEHB coverage >>
- I need an Employee Health Benefits Election Form >>
During Open Season, Annuitants can make enrollment changes online using OPM’s Open Season Online system.
Outside of Open Season, Annuitants should use one of the options provided below to make an enrollment change:
- Call OPM’s Retirement Information Center at 1-888-767-6738 (or 1-800-878-5707 for a TDD for the hearing impaired). Annuitants in the Washington, DC local calling area should dial 1-202-606-0551 for a TDD for the hearing impaired.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have Questions? Call 1-800-410-7778 (TTY: 711)
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, certain major holidays