MHBP offers mail order pharmacy benefits for prescription drugs that you take on an on-going basis. You may also order your prescriptions by mail, internet or phone.
Maintenance and Long-Term Medications
A long-term maintenance medication is one that is taken regularly for chronic conditions or long-term therapy. A few examples include medications for managing high blood pressure, asthma, diabetes or high cholesterol. We have a program that allows members to have their 90-day supply medications delivered by mail. Or they can be picked up at any CVS Pharmacy®. Under the program, you may choose to get the initial prescription and two refills (30-day supply each) at a network retail pharmacy. Or you can use CVS Caremark® Mail Service Pharmacy. After the second refill at a retail pharmacy, more refills must be obtained either from a CVS retail pharmacy or through our mail order drug program. You’ll receive a letter after your second refill that describes your benefits and provides instructions on how to obtain more refills in up to a 90-day supply. If you have any questions about this program, call CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy at 1-866-623-1441(TTY: 711).
To Get Mail Order Pharmacy Started
Follow these instructions to get your mail order pharmacy started. The first time you visit the CVS Caremark website, you’ll need to register if you are the enrollee, a covered spouse, or a covered dependent child over the age of 18.
- Visit the Caremark website
- Select the “Sign In” link in top right hand corner and enter your login and password credentials
- New users should register, you can create and account using Member ID, Personal Information or Prescription number (Mail Rx#) and follow instructions
- Select “Start a New Prescriptions” and then select “FastStart”
- Fill in your information
You can also use Caremark’s FastStart® program to enroll:
- Enroll in prescription coverage by phone
- Call FastStart® toll-free at 1-800-875-0867 (TTY: 711) Monday through Friday, 7 AM–7 PM CT
- Let the representative know you wish to fill your prescription through mail service
- Provide the information on your MHBP ID card; the names of your long-term medicines; your doctor’s name and phone number; and your payment information and mailing address
FastStart for Prescribers
- Ask your doctor to call FastStart toll-free at 1-800-378-5697
Enroll in MHBP Prescription Coverage Online
- Visit the Caremark website and sign in or register, if necessary
- Click on “Start a New Prescription” and then click on “FastStart”
- Fill in your information
Enroll in Prescription Coverage by Phone
- Call FastStart® toll-free at 800-875-0867 Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (CT). For TDD assistance, please dial toll-free 800-231-4403.
- Let the representative know you wish to fill your prescription through mail service.
- Provide the information on your MHBP ID card; the names of your long-term medicines; your doctor’s name and phone number; and your payment information and mailing address.
Submitting Your Prescriptions
If you have a new mail order prescription that you will be using on an ongoing basis, ask your physician to write two prescriptions for you.
- The first prescription should be for a 30-day supply that you can use right away at a retail pharmacy
- The second prescription should be used for a three-month supply and should be sent to the mail-order pharmacy
Once you know that you’ll be using this medication on an ongoing basis, send the second prescription to the mail-order pharmacy using the Mail Order Form.
- Follow the instructions on the form carefully to avoid any processing delays
- Your order will be filled for the exact amount of medication prescribed by your doctor, so please check the quantity on your prescription slip to make sure it is correct
- Allow three weeks for delivery of your mail order prescriptions
Prescription Drug Coverage Refills
You can order refills by phone, internet or mail. Order about three weeks before your prescription runs out to allow for processing and mailing time. Suggested refill dates will be included on the prescription you receive through mail order. This information will be on the prescription label.
- Call 1-866-623-1441 (TTY:711) toll-free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy automated refill service
- You can order refills 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through the CVS Caremark Website
- When ordering, be ready to provide the enrollee ID number, enrollee date of birth and credit card information
- To order refills by mail, use the CAREMARK Mail Order Form and enclose a check, credit card information or money order with the request
Please note: All drugs may not be available through the mail order program. For questions about the mail-order prescription drug program, or to ask about specific drugs or medications, please call 1-800-410-7778 (TTY: 711).
Pharmacy benefits are administered through Aetna’s affiliated pharmacy benefit manager, CVS Caremark.
Have Questions? Call 1-800-410-7778
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except major holidays