Telemedicine includes Medical and/or Behavioral Health telehealth service providers that allow health care professionals to use interactive audio, mobile and/or video for diagnosis, consultation or treatment.
If you or someone you know is in immediate distress or thinking about hurting themselves, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline by simply dialing 988. You can also text the word “Hello” to 741741, the Crisis Text Line. 988 is now active across the United States. This new, shorter phone number makes it easier for people to remember and access mental health crisis services. Talk to someone now if you or a loved one needs help or are experiencing a crisis.
Aetna Choice POS II providers have made available virtual visits during regular office hours. Check with your provider to see if virtual visits are available. For those days when you are unable to get an appointment with your provider, telehealth consultations are available to for the following specialties through our telehealth vendor, Teladoc® 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Doctors of Medicine (MD)
- Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW)
Benefits of using Teladoc:
- Covered at 100% – you pay nothing! (Consumer Option members must meet deductible first)
- US board certified doctors
- Prescriptions sent to pharmacy of choice, if necessary
- No appointment necessary
- Private and secure
- Skip waiting rooms
Teladoc can be used any time, day or night. It’s perfect when your doctor’s office is closed, you’re too sick or busy to see someone in person, or even when you’re traveling. You can address most common issues such as: colds, fever, rash, ear infections, and migraines. You can also see a therapist for ongoing counseling for concerns such as: depression, anxiety, and stress, as well as a dietitian for diet and nutrition help. This service is available 24/7.
You can contact Teladoc by phone, web or through the Aetna Health mobile app and receive treatment within minutes for non-emergency medical needs.For more information regarding telehealth consultations, please call 855-Teladoc (855-835-2362) or visit teladoc.com.
General Medical: Our general medical service is available in all 50 states and 4 U.S. territories (Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, Northern Mariana Islands).
• Phone and video visits
Dermatology: Our dermatology service is available in all 50 states.
• Phone and visits only
Access to U.S. board-certified dermatologists via web or mobile app to treat acute or ongoing skin conditions like psoriasis, skin infection, rosacea, and more. Upload images and provide details about your skin
condition and receive a response in just 2 business days from a licensed dermatologist. Includes 7-day in-app messaging follow-up for any questions or needs
Nutritionist: Our Nutrition service is available in all 50 states.
• Phone and visits only
Mental Health Care: Our health service is available in all 50 states.
• Video visits only
Additional Behavioral Health Televideo Services
Behavioral Health Televideo Services is a rapidly growing and evolving form of treatment. Licensed health care professionals provide services using real-time video conferencing. With this state-of-the-art communications technology, health care professionals can provide services to members who may not have been able to access services in the past. Health care professionals who provide Behavioral Health Televideo Services comply with all relevant laws in the jurisdiction where they and the member getting services are located. We expect health care professionals providing Behavioral Health Televideo Services to comply with the Clinical, Technical and Administrative Guidelines of the American Telemedicine Association.
The following Behavioral Health Televideo Providers are available to you depending on which state you live in:
- Available in all 50 states
- Behavioral health and employee assistance program (EAP) services
- Accepts patients 10+
- Appointments available from 7 AM to 9 pm, Monday through Friday (Some providers may offer weekend appointments)
- Call 855-824-2170 or go to www.mdlive.com/BHCOMM.
Array AtHome Care (formerly Inpathy)
- Available in CA, DE, FL, IL, MO, NJ, NY, PA, TX and VA
- Behavioral health services only
- Accepts patients 5+
- Appointments available from 7 AM to 11 PM, 7 days a week
- Call 1-800-442-8938; go to https://insightportal.mahlerhealth.com/
Telemynd (formerly Arcadian Telepsychiatry)
- Available in all states not covered by Array AtHome Care
- Behavioral health and EAP services
- Accepts patients 18+
- Appointments available from 9 AM to 9 PM, Monday through Friday
- Call 1-866-991-2103
Informed Health® Line – Talk to a Registered Nurse Anytime
With the Informed Health Line, you can speak to a registered nurse about health issues that are on your mind — whenever you need to.*
- It’s toll-free. Call 800-410-7778 and select the prompt for the 24-hour nurse advice line.
- You can call as many times as you need — at no extra cost.
- Your covered family members can use it, too.
You could save time, money and a trip to the ER
You can turn to the Informed Health Line for helpful information — instead of an unneeded trip to the emergency room (ER). That can be a money-saver.
Plus, you’ll be able to make smarter health decisions. You’ll have reliable information you can trust — and it’s only a phone call or click away.
*While only your doctor can diagnose, prescribe or give medical advice, the Informed Health Line nurses can provide information on more than 5,000 health topics. Contact your doctor first with any questions or concerns regarding your health care needs.
More reasons to use the Informed Health Line
- Get information on a wide range of health and wellness topics
- Make better health care decisions
- Find out more about a medical test or procedure
- Get help preparing for a visit to your doctor
- Receive emails with links to videos that relate to your question or topic
Your online source for health information
Prefer to go online for health information? Check out the Informed Health Line page on your secure Aetna Member Website.
Here’s what you can do:
- Send us an email.
- Use our symptom checker.
- Learn about treatment options and health risks.
- Research a medicine, and more.
It explains things in terms that are easy to understand. And it’s easy to get to — once you’re a member, just go to mhbp.com and select Aetna Member Website and log in.
Two ways to get health information fast
- Call a registered nurse anytime toll-free.
- Visit Aetna Member Website, your secure member portal.
Get health information — when and where you need it. Put the Informed Health Line to work for you.
Have Questions? Call 1-800-410-7778
24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except major holidays