Mail Order Pharmacy Information
- Forms & Document Library
- Member Newsletter
- Benefit FAQs
- My Online Services
- MHBP Mobile
- Overseas Members
- Medicare Coordination
- Prescription Information
- Quest Diagnostics Lab Savings Program
- Appeals Information
Mail Order Pharmacy Benefit
MHBP offers mail order pharmacy benefits for prescription drugs that you take on an on-going basis. We also provide you with the option to order your prescriptions by mail, Internet or phone.
Maintenance and Long-Term Medications
For medications used to treat conditions such as asthma, diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and others, we offer an optional program that allows you to get up to a 90-day refill at a CVS retail pharmacy for the same cost sharing as using mail order pharmacy. You cannot get a 90-day refill at a participating network retail pharmacy other than CVS. If a CVS pharmacy is not available in your area, you will need to use mail-order pharmacy. If you do not wish to participate in this program, you must opt out by calling CVS Caremark at 1-866-623-1441 to ensure there is no delay in receiving your medication.
To Get Mail Order Pharmacy Started
Follow these instructions to get your mail order pharmacy started. The first time you visit the CVS Caremark website, you will need to register if you are the enrollee, a covered spouse, or a covered dependent child over the age of 18.
- Go to the CAREMARK website.
- Click on the "Participant Registration" link under the Register and Save heading.
- New users should complete the Online Pharmacy form, and use MHBP for the group code. Previously registered users can enter their Login and Password in the designated area across the top of the home page.
You can also use Caremark's FastStart® program to enroll:
Enroll in MHBP Prescription Coverage by Internet
- Go to www.Caremark.com and sign in or register, if necessary
- Click on "Start a New Prescription" and then click on "FastStart"
- Fill in your information
Enroll in Prescription Coverage by Phone
- Call FastStart® toll-free at 1-800-875-0867 Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (CT). For TDD assistance, please dial toll-free 1-800-231-4403.
- Let the representative know you wish to fill your prescription through mail service.
- Provide the representative the information on your MHBP ID card; the names of your long-term medicines; your doctor’s name and phone number; and your payment information and mailing address.
Submitting Your Prescriptions
If you have a new mail order prescription that you will be using on an ongoing basis, ask your physician to write two prescriptions for you.
- The first mail order prescription should be for a 30-day supply that you can use immediately at a retail pharmacy.
- The second prescription should be used for a three-month supply and should be sent to the mail-order pharmacy.
Once you establish that you will be using this medication on an ongoing basis, send the second prescription to the mail-order pharmacy using the Mail Order Form.
- Follow the instructions on the form carefully to avoid any processing delays.
- Your order will be filled for the exact amount of medication prescribed by your doctor, so please check the quantity on your prescription slip to make sure it is correct.
- Allow three weeks for processing and receiving your mail order prescriptions.
Prescription Drug Coverage Refills
You can order refills by phone, Internet or mail. Order approximately three weeks before your current prescription runs out to allow for processing and mailing time. Suggested refill dates will be included on the prescription you receive through mail order. This information will be on the prescription label.
- Call 1-866-623-1441 toll-free, 24-hours a day, 7 days a week for CAREMARK's fully-automated refill service.
- You can order refills 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through the CAREMARK Website. When ordering, be ready to provide the enrollee ID number, enrollee date of birth and credit card information.
- To order refills by mail, use the CAREMARK Mail Order Form and enclose a check, credit card information or money order with the request.
To view and print PDF files, download and install the latest version of Adobe Reader.