MHBP Federal Dental Insurance Plan *
MHBP offers federal and postal employees and annuitants dental benefits. Expand your health coverage when you add our affordable option. This plan offers great benefits, national coverage and affordable rates. You don't have to enroll in a MHBP health plan to participate in these programs.** And you can enroll year round!
Find your rate using the MHBP Federal Dental Rate Finder below. To enroll, call toll-free 1-800-254-0227 or 1-800-481-9871 (for a TDD for the hearing impaired) Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.
Enter your ZIP code:
Dental Insurance Coverage to Smile About
You will definitely have something to smile about when you enroll in our federal dental insurance plan. Experience great benefits, national coverage and affordable rates:
- Coverage ranges from basic preventive care to crowns, bridges and orthodontia.
- Vast provider selection-nearly 183,000 Network dental locations nationwide.
- No claim forms to file - Network dentists do it for you!
- Benefits that increase the longer you are enrolled.
- Affordable rates and a special rate category for people who need Self Plus One coverage.
|Topic||Calendar Year Deductible||First Year (1st-12th month of coverage)||Second Year (13th-24th month of coverage)||Third Year (24th month of coverage and later)|
(Exams, cleanings & bitewing x-rays)
(Fillings, extractions and other x-rays)
(Root canals, crowns and bridges)
|Deductible applies||Benefits begin in 2nd year||50%||50%|
Up to $1,000 per person per lifetime for dependents through age 18
|Deductible applies||Benefits begin in 3rd year||Benefits begin in 3rd year||50%|
The annual deductible ($50 per person, $150 per family) applies to Basic and Major services. The annual benefit maximum is $2,000 per person per calendar year. Dental insurance coverage will not begin without payment of premium.
* © 2014 Coventry Health Care. All rights reserved. All other names and (registered) trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Dental and vision coverage provided by First Health Life & Health Insurance Company, Cambridge Life Insurance Company or Vision Service Plan, Inc. These benefits are neither offered nor guaranteed under contract with the FEHBP, but are made available to all FEHBP participants and their covered family members. You cannot file a FEHBP disputed claim about them. The fees you pay for these services do not count toward FEHBP deductibles or out-of-pocket maximums. See Certificate of Insurance for full coverage details, exclusions and limitations. For dental coverage, annual deductible applies ($50 per person, $150 per family). The annual benefit maximum for dental coverage is $2,000 per person per calendar year. Coverage will not begin without payment of premium. Your coverage is renewable as long as your premiums are paid and the Master Group Policy remains in force, and you remain eligible for this coverage. The dental PPO network is made available by The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America. Benefits are not provided for services rendered outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
** You do not have to be enrolled in an MHBP health plan to enroll in the MHBP Dental or Vision Plans. A single annual $42 MHBP associate membership fee makes all MHBP plans available to you.
To view and print PDF files, download and install the latest version of Adobe Reader.